I don’t usually post book hauls because I’m not particulary active in the bookish community (Is that a thing?) and I don’t surf Best Sellers for my next read of choice, so I’m not sure if other people would be interested in hearing about my book hauls. My purchase decisions tend to be sporadic. Half the time, I get a book, set it aside, and a few months down the line I forget the reason I bought it.
At no time of year is this more true than Christmas, where I ask for books as gifts in my sporadic way and gotten a nice surprise when I… get exactly what I asked for.
While this might be a little strange, I don’t see this as a problem. It’s more fun this way! It means I’m always surprised whenever I go to my bookshelf.
Anyway, tangent aside, let’s get on with the book haul:
- Beyond The Black Door by A.M Strickland
- The Loneliest Girl In The Universe by Lauren James
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St John Mandel
- Viper’s Daughter by Michelle Paver
- Skin Taker by Michelle Paver
- Wolf Bane by Michelle Paver
- The Golem and The Djinni by Helene Wecker
Many thanks to all my friends and relatives who bought me these (most of them from my overindulgent Nan). I look forward to reading them in the new year! x